Guild Wars 2; community discussion - features wanted


Hello all,
I have taken the time to talk to the members of the Guild Wars 2 community to try and gather some information about some changes or updates/features that they would like to see somewhere in the near future.

What I would like to see

Update as of 14/07/2015
There are some features that are small, but I think would make the game look fresher and crisper, if they ever got updated, that is.

- Ascalonian Catacombs
Transformation into a ghost in P3 to be more realistic in terms of armor you're wearing and also fix the weapon sheath bug that seems to plague the ghost form.

- Fractals of the mists
When you transform into a charr or asura, it would be nice if you could still have your armor and also be assigned to the correct gender for as close as possible results; it might not look the best but it's certainly better than what we currently have.

- Deposit gold into bank
I'm not sure why this feature was removed; I personally don't like seeing how much gold I have at all times; I find it makes it harder to save up. I'm going to assume that ArenaNet want people to impulse buy instead of hoarding copious amounts of gold.

- Weapon dying
I understand this feature would be quite difficult to implement, so perhaps only restrict it to legendary weapons?

-----------

Firstly, I want to start with some of the things that I would love to see within the game (some of which discussed in a previous blog post):

- Town cloth tonics to become outfits
I know for a fact that these tonics have dye modules but for some reason ArenaNet have decided to leave these out of the outfit selection.

- Combat system to be slightly adjusted 
I'd like to see more mechanics in dungeons instead of the standard "stack and smack", you literally just sit in the corner or on top of the boss, dps it down without any real mechanics. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing some ideas taken from other games in order to improve this one.

- Outfits to be updated
There's a few outfits that I wish would be changed; they have immense clipping issues among a few of the races and look really bad.

- Dyes to be generic per armor
I'm absolutely fed up of buying an outfit, and it being 4 different shades of white in all of the dye modules; it shouldn't be like that. For example, dying the Noble Court all Celestial, you can see that the upper part has gray circles and a messy shade of white throughout, whereas the bottom half is perfectly fine; clean, clear and actually pure white.

- Daily dungeon / world bosses / FoTM check list
I'd personally really like to see if I have done all my routine dailies without overlapping them when I wake up - it'd be nice to have a little check list or something in the H panel.

What the community would like to see
- Raid instanced combat & grouping
People have expressed their concern with a lack of veteran content for the hardcore players of Guild Wars 2. Whilst we are aware that Colin said multiple times that he doesn't want GW2 to be a gear-treadmill type of game, there is also room for improvement and systems that don't revolve around stat increases.

For example; most of the new skins that are coming into the game, have only been from the gem store. Players would feel more obliged to play the game if they had something that is concrete to aim for. Legendary crafting is too random as it stands, dungeons only offer a few good skins (more need to be added desperately.)

Expanding parties to 8/10/16 slots and making content for each of them; instanced of course. People are getting rather sick of world bosses being the only 'raid type' content that exists in Guild Wars 2.

- Solid sources of gold income other than dungeons / FOTM
As it stands currently, the expenditure in WvW is too great to actually make a profit, especially if you're a commander. So that is immediately out of the question.

PvE is another concern, players throughout the history of the game have found ways to farm for gold and made them quite successful, such as the power blood farming of Skelks but these were quickly nerfed and players are still forced to reply heavily on luck through drops, playing the TP or farm dungeons repeatedly throughout the year.

Silverwastes is dreadfully boring, repetitive and just not fun but it seems to be the only source of gold that ArenaNet haven't nerfed (yet), but it is the most boring.

- Race changes
As mentioned in my previous blog, the community would like to see race changes being a thing, but I highly doubt that it will be.

- More incentive to join World vs World, rewards perspective
The players feel that the rewards for WvW are just not there. For example; the only real reward system of WvW is a few champion bags, a WvW reward chest from gaining ranks, and some cheap shitty armors which honestly, don't look that impressive.

Added more uniqueness to WvW would be amazing, adding in armor skins which are cost a lot of WvW badges would be incentive enough to play - make them look amazing.

- Build templates / build changes to be stored
Similar to the links we had in Guild Wars 1, you could make a build entirely yourself and then save the template on your PC and load it any time you were in a town and wanted to play it. The template would change around your attributes, skills and elite to whichever you had saved it as.

A system like this seems to be highly demanded by the community and I agree with it; I sometimes switch my necro's skills around depending on the situation but I have nothing that switches the stats on my legendaries or swaps my gear around.

Even World of Warcraft implemented a system that allowed players to do this.

- New playable races
I like the idea of new races being introduced to the game but I can't help feel that the options we have right now are utterly ridiculous; people are saying they would want Tengu or Hylek but honestly; I'd much rather have Largos. They are mysterious

I know some of these suggestions have been mentioned previously but I honestly feel a lot of them would work out quite well.

Have a great remaining 4th of July my American friends.
Share on Google Plus

About Anonymous

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment