Guild Wars 2; Revenant beta feedback {PvE perspective}


Hello readers,
As some of you know from my previous post about Guild Wars 2, there has been a beta weekend for the Revenant. This gave players that pre-purchased a chance to play the class throughout all content of GW2. 

Quick Overview / Summary
So, I was excited to play it - it is new, exciting and refreshing. It has been something that a lot of people have anticipated for quite some time, it brings GW1 lore directly into GW2 with a class; we have seen this before with the Death Knight from Warcraft 3 being introduced as the only hero-class in World of Warcraft. 

The difference in GW2 is that the Revenant actually assumes the legends of the most powerful entities in GW1, for example you can become the fiercest demon legend know to the lore of Guild Wars or you can become the passionate healing and friendly centaur legend. 

Below the overview / summary I will talk about what's with the Revenant, what's new and also how things could be improved.

The Stances
The demon legend features a cool teleport, some conditions and a healing skill which gives you weakness. 

The centaur legend will enable you to summon a tablet and use a wide array of support skills whilst you're running a dungeon (this one is new for this beta)

The dwarf legend will enable you to become the mightiest of tanks and allow for your party to have stability whilst running across your brick road (sounds odd). 

There are still two more stances to come that have not been added into this beta, players are hoping and praying that these two stances will allow people to run a complete power build without being forced into traiting for conditions; which leads me onto the first part of my feedback (read below). 

Feedback
I have put together a list of what I feel is currently lacking the Revenant and put what the problem is directly in red & bold font.

- Lack of build variety in this beta
I understand, beta is supposed to be a chance for players to give feedback on how the class is and what should and shouldn't be changed; whilst I agree with this, I can't help feeling that they threw people into the deep end. They should have released the stances which allowed players to play a pure power build not a condition or support build.

- Hammer feels slow and sluggish
Literally what is says in the point; hammer feels really slow and sluggish - I understand that they are supposed to be extremely slow and heavy but it seems that the Revenant actually struggles with using it. Slow casting, long build ups (except for #2) makes the hammer pretty much redundant in any type of content.

- Staff idle animation same as hammer (wtf)
I personally feel that the staff idle animation is extremely lazy - it's exactly the same as hammer, we know for a fact that staves are supposed to be light, agile and deadly weapons but instead they are portrayed as a type of "Do I really have to carry this?" type of item. It'd be nice to see a unique idle / walking / running animation which such a unique set of skills.

- Fully exploring Revenant
Allow players in the next beta to fully explore what Revenant has to offer - I feel this would generate a much more positive result and also give you the outcome that you wanted, ArenaNet.

If I find anymore pieces of feedback that I find relevant, I will update the blog post accordingly, have a great day everyone and I hope that you enjoy the rest of the beta weekend.
Share on Google Plus

About Anonymous

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment